Swandog46

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1 released

47 posts in this topic

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1 has been released. This version is a bugfix release, and fixes a number of minor stability issues in the 1.50 release build. If you had issues with 1.50, please let us know if 1.50.1 resolves them.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Alternatively, you may also click the Check for Updates button on the Update tab of the software.

Issues Fixed

1. Fixed issue with the scheduler not performing realtime updates.

2. Fixed multiple issues with product crashing during a scan.

3. Fixed issue with log not saving on certain command line scans.

4. Fixed various issues with Finnish, Italian, and Norwegian languages.

5. Fixed formatting and misspelling issues in product help file.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Versioning Policy

Beginning with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1, all Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware releases will follow a Microsoft-like versioning scheme with version numbers of the form:

a.bb.ccc.dddd representing MajorVersion.MinorVersion.ReleaseVersion.BuildNumber

e.g.

MajorVersion=1

MinorVersion=50

ReleaseVersion (can be thought of as "patch number") = 1

BuildNumber=1100

So the release build of 1.50 would have been 1.50.0.BuildNumber, and the release build of 1.50.1 is 1.50.1.BuildNumber (in fact, 1.50.1.1100). We hope this will help our customers determine the precise version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed on their systems, ensure they have the latest version, and clarify the "hierarchy" of Malwarebytes releases.

Downloaded file is mbam-setup-1.50.0.0.exe. Could it be the server hasn't been updated yet?

As you have invalidated both my licenses the first I was given in the Beta program and the second I purchased through Cleverbridge ID: 2AD28 and I have recommended Malwarebytes to many people I regret I will have to remove Malwarebytes from my systems! :)

:) Thanks for new version. I am impressed as the 1.50.1.1100 has being installed automaticaly in my system after I clicked "scan for updates". The downloading was the fastest possible, asked to restart the computer and that's all. Thanks again.

Tasos

Hello YoKenny1,

I'm not sure what the issue is with your license. Please send me an email to corporate-support@malwarebytes.org and include your full Cleverbridge order reference number and I'll assist you with your licensing issue.

Thanks

I thought I'd add my 2 cents here. :)

The scan time has been hugely improved and have been very pleased. Previously took around 2 hours(full scan) and now takes less then half around 45 minutes. :)

Great work !

InfoSpyware mirror is updated :)

Salu2

Marcelo.

installed and running the new version.....

cheersanimcheerschampago.gif

installed and running the new version.....

cheersanimcheerschampago.gif

Hope you got enough to share.:)

this update caught me off guard :)

I got it installed and running & it works great

Thanks guys :)

Thanks, installing over top as per normal for myself as I choose not to use the internal update mechanism.

Will post back if there are issues.

Thanks!

The 1.50 (Pro) version had stopped automatically updating a while ago. I was going to post about this. With 1.50.1, automatic updates has been restored. (XP SP3)

Updated a couple of hours ago; just about the same time YK1's licenses went bottoms up.. All is working fine. :)

~Shy

hehe this took me by surprise too, I went to open Mbam via the desktop shortcut to run a scan and instead was greeted with an update message :)

All is well so far :)

Will Malwarebytes' AntiMalware V1.50.1 also consumes high memory like V1.50?

No higher than before and if you're system is having an issue you should send an email to support and they can assist you.

Auto updated without issues, however i needed two restarts instead of one because EAM (real time at the moment) didn't start the first time. no issues so far.

Gerard

I surely hope your staff can manage to get those bugs out next time a beta is upgraded to a new version.

In my opinion the 1.50 was released to soon. The 1.46 was perfect and now MBAM seems back on track with the 1.50.1

However, a lot users had to uninstall, clean, reinstall over and over again because of this. No explanation was given it could have been bugs in the program. I hope you guys are aware of that and try to avoid such problems in future.

Regards, Wijllie.

I am glad the bugs that were most common are now removed. Download on Virtual Box.