Run-time error: '48' File not found mbamcore.dll

• Root Admin

I'm guessing that you're running AVG Anti-Virus. They had a false positive earlier today that removed some of our files. If you're running AVG please wait a couple hours and then update the program which should fix it. Then do a reinstall of MBAM and you should be all set.

If the issue does continue please let us know.

I'm guessing that you're running AVG Anti-Virus. They had a false positive earlier today that removed some of our files. If you're running AVG please wait a couple hours and then update the program which should fix it. Then do a reinstall of MBAM and you should be all set.

If the issue does continue please let us know.

This is exactly what has just happened to me!!!

Uninstall/Mbam-clean.exe/reinstall instructions

Windows XP:

[*] Click on Start and select Control Panel

[*] Open Add/Remove Programs

[*] Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

[*] Restart your computer very important

[*] Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

[*] NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....

[*] It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important

[*] After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from

here

[*] Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

[*] At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

[*] Update Malwarebytes

I receive the same code error but with a different file named:Run time error 48 file not found: advpack.

I have used mbam-clean, followed the steps from earlier in this post, but each time I try to reinstall/unistall I receive the same error.

I have tried using the safe mode, safe mode with networking, but error continues. Tried different download mirrors as well.

Windows vista

Antivirus software - Panda

Any thoughts?