Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZeroPressence

Malwarebytes crashes while removing viruses

4 posts in this topic

I have recently purchased Malwarebytes, and have also purchased Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. I went 2-3 weeks without any virus protection. I went to scan, and I've somehow picked up 5 viruses: 2 Trojan.Droppers, Dont.Steal.Our.Software (That's a new one), Stolen.Data and Malware.Trace. When I attempted to remove them, I got a BSOD, and a STOP: 0x000000F4.

Here's the paths of the viruses:

Trojan.Dropper - C:\John\AppData\Roaming\WinUpdate

Dont.Steal.Our.Software - Apparently its in the Recycle Bin, however its under a file, but is not displayed in the main Recycle folder.

Trojan.Dropper - C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\1.exe

Stolen.Data - C:\Users\John\Roaming\data.dat

Malware.Trace (Registry Key) - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings

Any questions and suggestions would be helpful, thanks :wacko:

I was able to remove all of the viruses except for Dont.Steal.Our.Software. It seems this is the one causing the BSOD.

Sorry for the double post, but I guess I was able to remove them all. Which is kind of strange because when I selected all 5 to be deleted at the same time, I got the BSOD. *sigh* :wacko:

Since this issue is resolved I will close the thread to prevent others from posting here. If you need assistance please start your own topic and someone will be happy to assist you.