Program_Error_Updating

The thing was I was getting worried that there was something, because the main computer which has the router and main broadband thingy, has 24 infections, so I was wondering if It could infect the other 3 laptops on the network.

(The scan on the main computer has scanned 55k files in about 2 hours... which is why I should always clear Temp internet files first.. :unsure:)

There was 2 infections on the laptop with the updating problem, which was two FBsearch. (Fast browser searches, that malwarebytes didn't seem to detect a month ago, even though it was first found about 2009.)

My laptop is fine, though. :-)

This issue is caused when a user does not have administrative access to the computer that they are trying to run an update on. In order to fix this issue, you will need to log in on the administrator side of the computer, or you can do the following.

1) Right click on the Malwarebytes icon.

2) Select the option 'Run as..." or "Run as administrator"(depending on your operating system).

3) If you select "Run as...." you will be prompted by a box that will allow you to select the administrator option and then enter a password(if a password has been set).

4) Now run a manual update from Malwarebytes by going into the Update Tab and click the Check for Updates button.

This should take care of the issue.

If you are running the Pro version of Malwarebytes, you can use the Scheduler to run automatic updates to avoid this issue altogether.

Let us know if you have any further questions.