Malwarebytes didn't detect this...

I just ran super antispyware free edition and found:

Trojan.dropper/Sys-NV

Adware.Tracking.cookie (4 of them were found!)

This might explain why I'm getting annoying page redirects, I just feel a bit disappointed that malwarebytes didn't find anything at all (especially as I paid for the full version).

• Staff

MBAM doesn't detect tracking cookies, because they are just that: cookies. All sites give cookies, and they aren't really infectious.

The PRO version uses the same scanning and detection as the free version, but offers realtime protection and automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..

If you still require assistance, please post in our Malware Removal forum and someone will help you as soon as possible.

MBAM doesn't detect tracking cookies, because they are just that: cookies. All sites give cookies, and they aren't really infectious.

The PRO version uses the same scanning and detection as the free version, but offers realtime protection and automatic updates that probably would have prevented your issues in the first place..

If you still require assistance, please post in our Malware Removal forum and someone will help you as soon as possible.

nick2124 mentioned (especially as I paid for the full version).

And you answered

• 3 months later...

So what can I try to remove the malware that MBAM doesn't detect?

I just ran the full MBAM 4 hour scan and it found nothing.

Office Depot PC check up run subsequently says Your computer appears to be infected with malicious programs, and rates it at a 66% for healthy/clean.