Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daveski17

MBAM Update Problems.

5 posts in this topic

I have been using the freeware version of MBAM since November the 15th of this year. I have no problems with it apart from sometimes when I manually update I get an odd pop up that informs me that not only has the update failed but I may have some firewall incompatibility. I am using a Norton firewall & Vista as the OS. If I try a few seconds later it seems to work fine. Sometimes I change the updating mirror (there is a choice of two) & this works. Once during a scan the computer went offline. I have never had this happen before, I am not sure if it was related to the scan. Could it be that there are a lot of people trying to download & I have to wait a bit sometimes? Therefore I get this odd pop up combined with a 'ding' sound. I am always successful eventually in updating.

Lately, I'm guessing because of high traffic as you mentioned, I believe there have been some issues with the SecurityWonks.net server.

Lately, I'm guessing because of high traffic as you mentioned, I believe there have been some issues with the SecurityWonks.net server.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. I hope it doesn't become a problem though. I do like the MBAM quick scan!