Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Limes

Allow exceptions to Malwarebytes?

7 posts in this topic

Heres my suggestion, I recently purchased the full version of MalwareBytes. The software works great except since I leave utorrent on all the time malwarebytes thinks I am downloading spyware and blocks the IP. I have no problem with this, except that I have an SSD and it gets cluttered with these useless logs of how many IPs it blocks. I cannot set these IPs to ignore since there are a good deal of them. Here is a section of one of the logs.

09:35:09 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 89.28.94.71 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:37:34 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 121.10.137.42 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:37:34 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 121.10.137.42 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:38:30 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 220.248.167.235 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:39:58 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 58.241.128.31 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:41:02 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 89.28.100.184 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:41:18 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 91.188.38.212 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:43:42 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 188.130.177.2 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:43:50 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 188.130.177.2 (Type: outgoing, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:47:18 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 222.65.57.90 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:49:10 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 94.96.139.85 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:52:31 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 89.28.82.32 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:53:43 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 91.188.45.56 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

09:57:44 XXXXXXX IP-BLOCK 91.188.38.212 (Type: incoming, Port: 48412, Process: utorrent.exe)

I would suggest a way so that any program added to MalwareBytes ignore list, does not get scanned for traffic and stuff blocked. I like the security, but I know what I am downloading is free of malicious code, and its more of an annoyance than protection.

:welcome:

P2P programs are a common way of infection and downloading most content is illegal in that manner.

Edit: You can silence th blocks by unchecking the box "Show tooltip balloon when malicious website is blocked." under the Protection tab.:)

Thank you for your suggestion but I'm sorry that would very easily allow infected sites or those that deal in malware or similar activity to access to your system outside of your peer 2 peer software as well.

If you feel you know what you're doing and are not concerned then I suggest that you simply disable the IP blocker for your own system via the tray icon.

Thank you again.

I think there should be an option to allow something like uTorrent.exe from the i.p. blocking.

I want i.p. blocking for websites and other traffic; I don't want to disable it totally.

As I've mentioned before, at the university we use torrents for Eclipse development tools and Linux Distros.

Torrents are great because you can limit bandwidth and help support the projects by not jamming the FTP servers.

It isn't fair to block all of the i.p. when trying to share legal, ethical, harmless materials.

There should either be an allow for program or allow/deny P2P i.p.'s

Does this make sense?

pi`

I think there should be an option to allow something like uTorrent.exe from the i.p. blocking.

I want i.p. blocking for websites and other traffic; I don't want to disable it totally.

As I've mentioned before, at the university we use torrents for Eclipse development tools and Linux Distros.

Torrents are great because you can limit bandwidth and help support the projects by not jamming the FTP servers.

It isn't fair to block all of the i.p. when trying to share legal, ethical, harmless materials.

There should either be an allow for program or allow/deny P2P i.p.'s

Does this make sense?

pi`

Pretty much what I am asking. It should be an option. I understand that if I download something malicious with utorrent I will get infected, and I have been using it for a long time without any infections. Its just a huge annoyance, because every day I will get a huge log generated with errors. These errors cause multiple writes to an SSD which reduces my performance.

If people don't want it because its a security risk, thats fine. I am pretty good with computers, so I know whats safe and whats not, but it SHOULD be an option to allow programs to safely download without getting automatically blocked IPs.

Also I have already disabled the notifications, but the writes to logs are still there.

I do believe such an option is planned for a future version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, however I do not know when it will be implemented.