Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kbalanis

Windows Defender Error 0x80070424

4 posts in this topic

I'm hoping I can finally get this issue resolved. Usually I am able to get everything working again after getting a virus but this is something that I cannot get to work. A few days ago my computer was infected with the Win 7 Total Security 2011 virus. At least I think that's what it was called, there are so many different names of these types of viruses. I was able to find the files associated with this virus through a scan with MBAM, but now my Windows Defender isn't working at all. After I open it up, I get an error message that states: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. (Error Code: 0x80070424). I don't know if I still have a virus that's blocking this program from working or the Win 7 virus did something to the registry, or if some important files got corrupted. I have created a ComboFix log if that's useful in determining what the problem could be. Please let me know if you need it and I will post it. Thanks for the help.

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1

You got it thanks. I wasn't sure which forum would best suit my topic.

No problem they will take care you you there....