Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach 2011 Pictures

AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

Here are some of the images I took at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach - April 17, 2011

A few years ago it was much more open and easier to take pictures. Now they're so commercialized and have closed off just about any location where you're not behind a board, banner, or fence blocking you from taking good open shots. They now sell you a ticket for like $265 to gain access to different location that have an open view.

Here are some of the images I took at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach - April 17, 2011

A few years ago it was much more open and easier to take pictures. Now they're so commercialized and have closed off just about any location where you're not behind a board, banner, or fence blocking you from taking good open shots. They now sell you a ticket for like $265 to gain access to different location that have an open view.

That's what they make 1600mm telephoto lenses for Ron. :rolleyes:

Great shots by the way.. I think you missed your calling..

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Some nice shots there, I'm hoping to grab some from the British SuperBikes later this year. Are the pics hosted with jalbum? The only reason I ask is that I will be looking for some software to host some photo's myself pretty soon.

Yeah, but at the price of the 600mm lens if you could get a 1,600 you'd have to sell your house.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked the images.

As for the cost of 1600mm lenses, Ron; that's what friends are for. :)

post-35425-0-60924400-1305556759.jpg

I figure it'd take about five of us to waylay a couple of paparazzi that are chasing one of the latest people of interest and a whack here and a couple whacks there and voila', FREE contribution of a shiny white, 1600mm telephoto lens (WITH handle) to you from the scum of the earth. NOBODY likes paparazzi so who's gonna care?? :lol::D

• Root Admin

Some nice shots there, I'm hoping to grab some from the British SuperBikes later this year. Are the pics hosted with jalbum? The only reason I ask is that I will be looking for some software to host some photo's myself pretty soon.

I'm using SimpleViewer Pro for this. Works well from main site but if you're on a sub domain there could be cross-site scripting issues, but there is a free version you can use to test it out or even use if it does what you want.

Please do post pics from the show when ready. Thanks

• Root Admin

As for the cost of 1600mm lenses, Ron; that's what friends are for. :)

post-35425-0-60924400-1305556759.jpg

I figure it'd take about five of us to waylay a couple of paparazzi that are chasing one of the latest people of interest and a whack here and a couple whacks there and voila', FREE contribution of a shiny white, 1600mm telephoto lens (WITH handle) to you from the scum of the earth. NOBODY likes paparazzi so who's gonna care?? :lol::D

Well there is this one - 1440-7200mm Zoom Lens hehe

sony-nex-plus.jpg

Very nice pictures!

Brings back great memories of attending my first Indy Car race way back in the mid 90's. Experiencing the speed, power and the noise up close for the first time. Along with soaking up all the atmosphere track side was very cool! So much better than just watching on TV. :)

A shame that the access to the track isn't as good now but I'm sure it would have been a great weekend all the same. :)

• 2 weeks later...