Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Hi Everyone ! :D

I just registered on Malwarebytes Forum today. I'm trying to download "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free". I was on the page that shows the Free and PRO programs, with features listed side by side for comparison.I clicked-on the "DOWNLOAD NOW" button below the FREE icon on the left and that action took me to a page titled "Major Geeks.com" ! Hey, I thought when you click-on a button that says "DOWNLOAD NOW", you would see the downloading process begin. What's going on ? What must I do to simply get the FREE program to download ? I don't want to get hooked into a program that isn't FREE. Can someone give me a safe step-by-step route to get the FREE download ?

Thanks,

ToddB69

Hi ToddB69,

Welcome to the Malwarebytes Forum :)

When you click on the Download button on our website, it takes you to the sites that host Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free, in your case it took you to Major Geeks which is one of our mirror sites. when you are taken to the site, such as Major geeks, just click on download from there and it will download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free.

Here is a direct download if you are still having issues:

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Hello ToddB69 and welcome to the Malwarebytes forums,

Majorgeeks.com is one of the many mirror sites that Malwarebytes uses to distribute the free version of our software. Once you get to the Majorgeek site, there is a spot that says Download Now and when you click on it the download will start. For your convenience I have created a direct link to the download page of Malwarebytes on the CNET website. You can access the link below.

http://download.cnet.com/3001-8022_4-10804572.html?spi=b7fbb83475ddfff97f8f5192e41198ab

Let me know if you have any further questions.

SpySentinel and Haleo,

I just went ahead and used the direct download address included in SpySentinel's post

and got my download for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 and the up-dated

database version 6594. Then I ran the program. It took just 21 minutes, 56 seconds for

the program to scan 179843.00 objects and no malicious items were found ! :)

My computer has been running very slow, i.e. 5 or more minutes just to get Google fully displayed on my

computer screen. Even my Outlook Express E-mail operates slow, as does the Merriam Webster Dictionary

(Extremely slow) and many other websites I frequent. I'm guessing there is some type of malware, buried deeply

in my computer system, that is immune to the FREE minimal-protection programs I have, like AVG FREE and now

Malwarebytes'FREE and the other protections that came standard with my system. Guess there is no other way to

speed up my system that doesn't involve a cash outlay. :(

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for the help downloading Malwarebytes'FREE !

ToddB69

:welcome: ToddB69,

Have you done all the usual maintenance? Defrag, disc clean, etc?

If you think you may be infected please follow the directions here

Thanks for the WELCOME goldhound ! :)

Yes, I've tried all the usual maintenance, but no improvement.

I'll click-on the here and go from there. It's getting late, so I'll do that tomorrow and post the results.

Appreciate your suggestions.

ToddB69

What are your computer specs?

Please provide following details, so that someone may be able to assist you:

• OS version including 32/64-bit
  • Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall and Program Versions
  • MBAM version (current 1.50.1.1100) (Free or Pro)
  • Definition version (current 6598)
  • How much RAM
  • Hard Drive size and how much is free

I would take a look at this post for instructions on how to speed up your PC. Also, please note that the scanner feature for the free version of Malwarebytes is the same scanner as the Pro version. The difference between the Pro and the free is the proactive features that are unlocked after registration such as Realtime Protection and scheduled updates. If the free version doesn't pick up any malware, the Pro version won't either.

goldhound,Firefox and Haleo,

Thanks for the additional help sources (click-on's). I looked them over and since they involve several processes and terms I'm not familiar with, I have asked my son to help me go through the fixes this weekend; he developes computer software as a profession.

I'll report back on this thread when we "GET R DONE!". ;)

A big THANKS ! to all of you.

ToddB69

Hi ToddB69,

Please let us know how those steps work out for you.

Well, as it turned out, my son lives in my village and had some time to visit me last night and work on my slow computer.

He is currently working as a Web Systems Administrator for a large company, so is well versed in computer technology. The reason I hadn't asked for his help earlier is because he had previously spent a lot of time training me when I first got involved with computers and I didn't want to "wear out my welcome" so to speak. But after seeing the very detailed steps offered, I had to ask for his help again.:blush:

He spent about an hour and used the two FREE Edition programs below to scan my computer.

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

- SUPERAnti-Spyware

In addition, he looked over my Programs List and we decided to remove the following: Google Toolbar, Google Web Accelerator, ALOT Toolbar, AOL Coach,

AVG 2011 and AVG PC TuneUp.

I'm sorry to disappoint some of you, but we did not need to use the steps offered.

Anyway, now my computer operates at normal speed again ! WOO HOO !

Thanks for all the help everybody ! :)

ToddB69

Glad to hear that its working much better. I noticed you removed AVG which is your anti-virus software. I hope that you installed some other anti-virus software to replace it. Its not a good idea to run a computer these days without any protection.

Glad to hear that its working much better. I noticed you removed AVG which is your anti-virus software. I hope that you installed some other anti-virus software to replace it. Its not a good idea to run a computer these days without any protection.

Firefox, sorry I forgot to mention that my son replaced AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials (Real-time Virus and Spyware Protection).

Thanks for the prompt ! :)

ToddB69