Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 released

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I will mention it.....

I installed the PRO version yesterday for a customer. Registered it and configured the auto scan at 7:30 PM. It was about 7:10 PM when I installed it, I was making sure the computer was not infected as their email account had been hijacked. I started a manual scan and while it was scanning, the scheduled 7:30 PM scan started as well, so now I had two scans going at the same time.

Is Malwarebytes suppose to check to see if a scan is already in progress?

Love Malwarebytes. Currently utilizing the 14 day trial, and Windows 7 does not recognize AV software "currently protecting my system". If purchased, will it be recognized so that I don't have to turn off notifications? Tune Up Utilities is also nagging me about AV software, and I'd rather not disable notifications for AV software in W7 and other utilities.

It is installed properly and I am running the 14 day Pro trial.mbamscreenshotwt73.png

WhiskeyTango73, Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus software, it was designed to work along side your anti-virus program as a second layer of security. You still have to install and have an anti-virus program installed on your computer.

TY. Was hoping to get rid of everything else. Still purchasing. Really like the autoscan. I'm just going to disable notifications and use this :comonsense.jpg

TY. Was hoping to get rid of everything else. Still purchasing. Really like the autoscan. I'm just going to disable notifications and use this :

I am aware that Malwarebytes is not an AV suite,but for some reason reading "full time protection" made me auto-assume that I could git rid of other AV suites. I just wasn't thinking. I just jumped ahead to what I wanted to hear.

If one has been using the beta, should a clean install be done for the new version?

Uninstall > re-boot- > mbam-clean > then install newest version?