Hello

newswatcher

I used the Trial of Malwarebytes and decided to invest in it. Love it so far! I've looked around the forum and agree that the balloon popups should show more info on what/where/who the IP is that is hitting my ports (the balloon doesn't een stay open long enough to do a whois on google. It shows the info for Windows 7 users I understand but I have XP which I am happy with. Anywho, spent good bucks on this, so hope it works (I've had miserable experiences with shareware and such..

Hello newswatcher: :welcome:

I hope you will take the time to read the very well written Section G of the informative FAQ regarding the IP Protection Module.

HTH :)

Cool, thanks. When I previously used Comodo Firewall 2.4 it would show "activity" and where the hits were coming from (the IPs at least, most from China), which I found nice. I use Windows XP Firewall now and I get no notification of anything from that firewall...i.e. GUI that shows what's happening and who is probing...

Cool, thanks. When I previously used Comodo Firewall 2.4 it would show "activity" and where the hits were coming from (the IPs at least, most from China), which I found nice. I use Windows XP Firewall now and I get no notification of anything from that firewall...i.e. GUI that shows what's happening and who is probing...

Hello newswatcher:

COMODO's Free Firewall is up to version 5.5.195786.1383 now. Many experienced users believe that XP's SP3 firewall is inadequate. I share in that belief.

The Microsoft OS logs for XP's firewall might be helpful. MBAM's easily accessed logs will be helpful in that the IP addresses are stored till deleted. If MBAM reports outgoing IP-BLOCKS, I recommend these be looked at with some urgency. If you're seeing incoming IP-BLOCKS, perhaps your overall protection may need rethinking.

HTH :)

I used the Trial of Malwarebytes and decided to invest in it. Love it so far! I've looked around the forum and agree that the balloon popups should show more info on what/where/who the IP is that is hitting my ports (the balloon doesn't een stay open long enough to do a whois on google. It shows the info for Windows 7 users I understand but I have XP which I am happy with. Anywho, spent good bucks on this, so hope it works (I've had miserable experiences with shareware and such..

Wonderful decision my friend! Welcome to the forums!