MWB tray icon use

Have read FAQ for common issues but did not find solution. :)

Sometimes! malwarebytes (registered) tray icon can't be interacted with. Program still can be started with exe or startmenu but no options from right-click in

tray icon available. The icon sits in tray but left or right-click on the icon gives no response. Most of the time a windows restart makes the difference and

then it works again. Using windows 7 [32 bit] & Eset smart-security both fully updated. No infections shown after complete scans.

How to find out what is causing the trouble? tyvm :)

Hi and welcome to MBAM, faraway:

Sorry you are having problems with the MBAM system tray icon context menu.

Why don't you try a clean reinstall of MBAM (taking care to set up the reciprocal permissions/exclusions for MBAM and ESET), as this usually fixes most minor issues.

Please do the following and let us know if it corrects the issue:

• If you are using MBAM PRO, be sure to have your license ID and key handy first.
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so (very important!).
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here.
    Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license ID & key you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.
  • Launch MBAM and set the Protection and Registration.
  • Then go to the UPDATE tab (if not done during installation) and check for updates.
  • Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray (if using the PRO version).
  • Now set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications, and then restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I am just a home user.

An MBAM staffer or more geeky member may have some additional advice.

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks!

daledoc1

Just have followed your suggestions. Can't really say if it solved the problem as it happened only a few times before. If the problem

returns/persists somehow I will let you know. Until then,thank you for your kind help.

/cheers

Faraway

Just have followed your suggestions. Can't really say if it solved the problem as it happened only a few times before. If the problem

returns/persists somehow I will let you know. Until then,thank you for your kind help.

In fact,the problem is still there. I can't interact with a rightclick on the trayicon or a double click on that icon to open malwarebytes. From startmenu

malwarebytes starts fine and scans dont give any errors. If you or someone from expert team has any suggestion for me,Im listening.. :)

/regards

Faraway

Greetings :)

I've seen this occasionally myself and the only way I've found to resolve it is to open Task Manager (CTRL+Shift+Esc) and end the process mbamgui.exe then open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab and check the box next to Enable protection module.

I believe the issue is related to how the Windows shell sometimes mishandles tray icons (I've seen similar issues with other programs occasionally in the past).