fenderstr8

Malwarebytes starts then stops after 5-6 seconds

4 posts in this topic

Hi guy(s). I've come to learn that I could get some help with this problem here. I have tried to do this on my own but I simply can not. I, like many others from what I can see, have a problem when running Malwarebytes. It stops after 5-6 seconds and i can not reopen it. Here is what I get. "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

It would be very kind if someone could help me. I thank you in advance.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

• Download the file TDSSKiller.zip and extract it into a folder on the infected PC.
  • Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe by double-clicking on it.
  • Wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.
  • When its work is over, the utility prompts for a reboot to complete the disinfection.

By default, the utility outputs runtime log into the system disk root directory (the disk where the operating system is installed, C:\ as a rule).

The log is like UtilityName.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt.

Please post that log here.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

-screen317

Are you still with us? This topic will be closed in a few days if we do not hear back from you.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!