Database is outdated by xx days message...

I just purchased the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software after having used the free trial version. I now keep getting a "Database is outdated by 43 days message", asking if I want to update by database. When I click "yes" it accesses the server and then tells me I have the latest database. I am running version 1.51.2.1300 of the program and it indicates the database is version 7622 (8/31/2011) - is this the latest database version? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the forums Flyguy :)

Please try the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please post back if this solves your issue, thank you :)

No, the latest database is from today, 7941.

Do you get any error message?

What other security software are you using, and have you set the exclusions properly, so that MBAM doesn't interfere with them (e.g. your firewall might block the update)?

The following topic may be helpful to set exclusions if you haven't done it yet:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

If this doesn't help, please post back, and someone with more knowledge than me will be certainly able to help you :)

I have CA Security Suite running on my computer. However, it was running while I was using the trial version and that version was able to update itself just fine. Also, I disabled both my firewall and my antivirus when I was updating this time, but it still lists the old database version.

Hopefully someone can figure this out.

I'm sorry that my ideas didn't help. I'm sure that an expert member or MBAM staff will drop in soon to help you out :)

Hello again Flyguy,

Please try the following:

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in ca Internet Security:

1. Open ca Internet Security and click on MY COMPUTER
  2. Click on Update Settings or View Settings
  3. Click on Threat Settings and under Advanced Threat Exclusion List click Browse
  4. Click the + next to Computer or My Computer
  5. Click the + next to the hard drive that Windows is installed on (usually C:)
  6. Click the + next to Program Files Note: This will be C:\Program Files (x86) on 64 bit Windows versions
  7. Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  8. Click on OK then click on Apply
  9. Click on Program Access
  10. Scroll down using the large scrollbar on the right until you see Specify the new program to monitor:
  11. Next to Specify a Program click Browse
  12. Click the + next to Computer or My Computer
  13. Click the + next to the hard drive that Windows is installed on (usually C:)
  14. Click the + next to Program Files Note: This will be C:\Program Files (x86) on 64 bit Windows versions
  15. Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder
  16. In the right pane, click on mbam or mbam.exe and click OK Note: CA for some reason may not allow you to add one or more of the files as exclusions
  17. Click on Add
  18. Repeat steps 11-17 for each of the following:
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Next to each of the items you just added in the Program list in CA, click on the small down arrow next to the text in the Inbound and Outbound columns and choose Allow Note: CA for some reason may not list one or more of the files you added or attempted to add in the previous steps, closing and re-opening CA's window should resolve this

[*]For each of them also click on Edit and check each of the checkboxes

[*]Under Registry in the Permission column, click the drop down menu next to all of the settings and choose Allow

[*]Scroll down to Program Groups and check the Trusted and SafeApps boxes under Enable

[*]Click on Apply

[*]Close the the ca Internet Security window

Set Exclusions for ca Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) and click once on CA and click on OK
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and click once on mdmcls32.exe and click on OK
  • Do the same for C:\Windows\System32\svcprs32.exe
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please let us know how it goes, thank you :)

Thanks, what you listed above didn't work as you stated, but it did open my eyes as to how to do a work-around in the CA Security Suite program. Specifically, the version of CA Security allowed me to do steps 1-15 (above), but stated that I had already added the mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe, and mbamservice.exe files. Next, when I tried to do steps 16-24 CA Security Suite didn't have any "drop-down" arrow, drop-down list, or Inbound/Outbound columns, etc. In an attempt at a workaround I had CA Security Suite add a new category of "programs" to its list (I chose to name it Malwarebytes). During the setup of this new category I was able to set permission levels for both inbound and outbound traffic from this group (to which I had added the mbam.exe and other files you listed). Lastly, I tried setting the exclusions in the Malwarebyte's program that you listed but for some reason my Windows/System32 folder didn't contain either the mdmcls32.exe or svcprs32.exe files. However, even with those files being missing, and therefore being unable to "exclude" them, after doing all of the above I was finally able to update my Malwarebyte database file to protect against the latest threats. SUCCESS!

Thanks for the help from both of you on this issue.

I'm happy to hear that you have been able to figure out a workaround. :)

Please don't hesitate to post if any more issues remain.