amilito10

Ordinal 1112 dynamic link library wsock32.dll

4 posts in this topic

i There,

Yesterday my computer got infected with some powerful malware/virus.

I was checking some news site when I got a message that "your computer is affeted with virus".

I shut down and opened again. I found my mcAfee is disabled, my browser is not opening and my taskmanger could not be opend.

I found the problem is occuring from some program called defender.exe. After some try to remve it, I renamed it and then able to delete.

Everything seemed to be normal then.

But I found that my mcAfee is still disabled and when ever I am trying to open it it gives some error like "The ordinal 1112 could not be located in the dynamic link library WSOCK32.dll."

Also I found when ever i am trying to google search it is leading me to some suspicious page like best search, getsearch etc ..

I downloaded the MBAM software, but every time I tried to run it it shuts down automatically within a second.

Please help me !!!

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

• Download the file TDSSKiller.zip and extract it into a folder on the infected PC.
  • Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe by double-clicking on it.
  • Wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over.
  • When its work is over, the utility prompts for a reboot to complete the disinfection.

By default, the utility outputs runtime log into the system disk root directory (the disk where the operating system is installed, C:\ as a rule).

The log is like UtilityName.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

for example, C:\TDSSKiller.2.2.0_20.12.2009_15.31.43_log.txt.

Please post that log here.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

-screen317

Are you still with us? This topic will be closed in a few days if we do not hear back from you.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!