Malwarebytes Succesfully Blocked Access to a potentially malicious website... Ping.exe ... HELP!
Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:53 AM
This is driving me crazy it literally does this over and over again and won't stop. I have tried searching for a solution but can't seem to find one.
The screen shot of this message is attached. I get the same thing on all browsers (chrome, IE, and Firefox)
None the less i am sure this is not an unheard of issue any help with this would be appreciated
Thanks a lot
Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:01 AM
IP blocks can indicate that MBAM is doing its job of blocking bad content on websites.
They can also occur when running certain P2P and other programs, such as Skype.
For example, please see this recent post by forum Admin AdvancedSetup about IP blocks and Skype.
In some cases the blocks are a false positive.
However, they can also be a sign of infection, especially if the blocks are outgoing, and if they occur when no browsers are open.
-->>>There is more information about the IP blocking module in the FAQ - Section G.
It includes instructions on how to set MBAM to ignore a particular IP, if you wish to do so.
It also contains instructions on how to determine what process might be trying to make the connections.
And you may also research the IP in question at www.ip-lookup.net or a similar site.
On the other hand, if you think the IP blocks might be a false positive, then please read this article before starting a new topic in the False Positives forum.
Alternatively, if you think you might be infected, based on the IP blocks and/or other suspicious computer behavior, then please read the following to begin the cleaning process.
- Please print out, read and carefully follow the instructions in the "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?" article.
- If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot complete some or all of the steps, then just do the best you can and start a new topic as described below.
- Then please start a new post in the Malware Removal forum.
- When starting your new post, please note the following:
- Please do NOT post in a topic started by someone else, even if their problem sounds similar.
- Please COPY/PASTE the requested logs into your post, rather than attaching them.
- Under options, please be sure to select "track this topic" and "immediate email notification", so you'll know when a helper responds.
- An authorized, trained malware expert will provide free, one-on-one assistance as soon as one becomes available.
- Please be patient - it may be 48 hours or more before a helper can assist you, especially when the forum is very busy.
- Please do NOT "bump" your topic or reply back to it for at least 48 hours.
- Doing so may cause your topic to be overlooked, as it will appear that you are already being helped.
Just a home user & forum volunteer
DT1: Win7/Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3770 @3.4 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT620; IE9; Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 184.108.40.2060; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner
DT2: Win7 Ult/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-860 @2.8 GHz; 8 GB RAM; ATI Radeon HD 5770; IE 9, Fx; TB; Cable HSI; MBAM PRO 220.127.116.110; KIS2014; SAS Free; CCleaner.
LT: Win7 Pro/64 SP1; Intel Core i7-3632 cached @3.2 GHz; 16 GB RAM; NVidia GeForce GT640M; IE 10; Fx; TB; WLAN; MBAM PRO 18.104.22.1680; Sophos ES 10.3; SAS Free; CCleaner.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users