What antivirus product to use with Malwarebytes?

kerryogorman

I am a new user of Malwarebytes. I was advised to also install an antivirus product to protect against different types of threats. I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed which came with Windows7. I was advised that this is not good enough. I purchased VIPRE but it cannot coexist with Malwarebytes according to the VIPRE support desk. What antivirus product should I purchase that will be installable along with Malwarebytes?

Hello and welcome, kerryogorman: :)

This question has been asked many, many times both here and at so many other computer forums.

10 people will likely provide at least 11 answers (my personal choice is listed in my signature). ;)

Unfortunately, there is no one right answer suitable for each user.

Please refer to this recent post by our forum admin, AdvancedSetup, >>HERE<<, as well as similar posts by other forum experts >>HERE<<, >>HERE<< and >>HERE<<.

Having said that, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is designed and tested to run alongside all of the major anti-virus/security programs.

If you ever run into an issue, someone here or at the help desk would be happy to assist you with sorting it out.

>>HERE<< are one forum moderator's personal suggestions.

HTH,

daledoc1

I use Microsoft Security Essentials.  I used to use Kaspersky Anti Virus, and the only reason I am not using it now is that I can't really afford it at the moment.

Guest Anonymous_Network

Hello and Welcome kerryogorman,  :)

My only Malwarebytes + Zemana AntiLogger + head   :P

proposes for You:

Malwarebytes + SpyShelter Firewall 2.5 / Zemana AntiLogger

• Root Admin

Comodo Antivirus always disabled for me as well as MBAM pro. I just use them to scan :P no need realtime hehe  :D

This is very poor advice for anyone reading this topic.  There are infection out in the wild that can potentially destroy your data and infect your operating system to the point it will need a complete reinstall and there will be no way to get back your data.  One should always be running an antivirus product with live, real time protection enabled.  Prevention is always better than cleaning up after the fact.

I submit tons of samples to Comodo a day, less to MBAM, that is the reason why I always have these unactivated. Of course I don't recommend anyone to do that. I don't have a normal surf, I always search for malware, plus this is a dedicated machine where I play with malware.

This is very poor advice for anyone reading this topic.  There are infection out in the wild that can potentially destroy your data and infect your operating system to the point it will need a complete reinstall and there will be no way to get back your data.  One should always be running an antivirus product with live, real time protection enabled.  Prevention is always better than cleaning up after the fact.

Comodo Antivirus disabled or not.... all signatures are also cloud based, meaning that every executed files will be lookup up with cloud, no matter if AV is enabled or not, of course this is done by Comodo Firewall, which is great, you can use CFW + MBAM pro for example.

• Root Admin

I'm going to close this topic as the information being provided is not useful or helpful to the average user and only serves to confuse them more.

Not an all inclusive list and listed only in alphabetical order are some of the more popular and well known antivirus products.

Make sure your computer is always running an antivirus product and that it is always kept up to date as well as your Windows updates.

avast!
AVG
Avira
BitDefender
Dr. Web
ESET
F-Secure
Kaspersky
McAfee
Microsoft Security Essentials
Panda Security
Sophos